What Samples Can Be Registered in SESAR?
The System for Earth Sample Registration registers specimens and related sampling features collected from the natural environment. These include, but are not limited to:
- Rock, mineral, or fossil specimens, and sub-samples thereof (e.g. thin sections, mineral concentrates)
- Cores (rock, sediment, ice) and related core sections, section halves, and samples from cores
- Fluid samples (seawater, river or lake water, hydrothermal fluids, porewater)
- Drill holes and wells
- Soil pedons and samples thereof
- Macro- and micro-biology samples
Is your sample not in the list?
If you would like to register a sample type that is not listed above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.