SESAR's user community includes individual investigators, sample repositories, museums, large sampling campaigns, data management specialists, and geoinformatics developers.
Repositories that have registered large sample collections include
- Mineralogical Museum of Harvard University
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Antarctic Research Facility
- US Polar Rock Repository
- University of Rhode Island
Data Systems that have implemented the IGSN for unique sample identification include
Sampling Campaigns that are or will be using the International Geo Sample Number include
- International Continental Drilling Program
- International Ocean Drilling Program (nearly 3.5 million objects from ODP already registered)
- US Extended Continental Shelf Program
- US Critical Zone Observatories
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in becoming part of the SESAR community.