SESAR's user community includes individual investigators, sample repositories, museums, large sampling campaigns, data management specialists, and geoinformatics developers.
Repositories that have registered large sample collections include
- Antarctic Marine Geology Research Facility
- Harvard University Mineralogical and Geological Museum
- Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory Core Repository
- Marine Geological Research Laboratory at the University of Rhode Island
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- US Polar Rock Repository
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Data Systems that have implemented the IGSN for unique sample identification include
- NGDC Index of Marine and Lacustrine Samples
- Marine Geoscience Data System
Sampling Campaigns that are or will be using the International Geo Sample Number include
- International Continental Drilling Program
- International Ocean Drilling Program (nearly 3.5 million objects from ODP already registered)
- US Extended Continental Shelf Program
- US Critical Zone Observatories
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming part of the SESAR community.
For information regarding other IGSN allocating agents, visit the website of the IGSN e.V., the Implementing Organization of the International Geo Sample Number IGSN.