From the SESAR homepage, click the right-most option in the headerbar, LOGIN TO MYSESAR. You will see your personal SESAR page, mySESAR. Along the top of the page, you will see several tabs for navigating in your SESAR space. Click on the tab for Sample Registration. From the Sample Registration Page, you can choose to register an individual sample or to create a batch file template.
Also see the tutorials
Define Type and Relationships
The first registration screen sets the Object (Sample Type), Local Name (existing name besides the IGSN), and Sample Relationships of your sample.
- Select the Type of Object (a.k.a. Sample Type)
- Enter the Sample Name
- Enter other names associated with the sample
- If the object has a Parent, enter its parent information.
- Click submit
Define IGSN generation and Privacy Settings
The second registration screen sets the IGSN and Privacy of your sample.
- Select either a SESAR-generated IGSN or manually set your IGSN: IGSNs are alphanumeric and case-insensitive. However, even though they are case-insensitive, they will display the case as you enter it.
- Set the Availability in SESAR which determines if your samples are private or public.
- If you choose Only to me, then your sample names will not show up in SESAR searches.
- If you choose All users, then your sample names and metadata will show up in SESAR searches.
- If you choose All users, you can set the date of release of your sample information to today or some day in the future.
The third registration screen is where you enter metadata about your sample.
The the list of metadata depends on the Object Type.
- When you are finished filling in metadata fields, click Ready? Submit to SESAR.
If you are registering a batch, you will download an .xls sheet which you can fill in, then upload to SESAR using the Upload my batch samples link.
All samples in a batch must be of the same object type.
Create a Batch File Template
From the Sample Registration Page, click Create a Batch File Template.
Enter the Basic Information:
- Type of Object
- Date of Release
After you select the Type of Object, the related metadata will appear in a checklist.
- The suggested minimum fields are checked off. Edit which fields you want in your template, then click Submit to Create Template - an .xls file will be downloaded to your computer in your browser's default download location.
- On your local computer, fill in the template.
Upload a New Batch File
From the Sample Registration Page, click Upload a New Batch File.
- You will see the Batch Sample Registration Upload Page.
- Use the Add File button to add completed templates to the list (currently, you can only add one at a time).
- When you have added your file, click the Upload button.
Batch Registration Submission Grid
When your file is uploaded, you will see the information from your template in the online Batch Registration Submission grid. SESAR has checked for errors and indicates these with a red line underlying the problem cell. You may edit cells by clicking on them.
- You may download the grid as Excel by clicking the button Download as Excel
- When you are satisfied with the grid display of your metadata, click Register Now
After you have registered your spreadsheet, we recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We can confirm receipt of your Batch Registration file. The processing of your Batch Registration may take a few days, depending on the queue of registrations. If you need your IGSNs faster, please contact email@example.com.